Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Thank You, Does it matter to you?

"Make it a habit to say thank you." These are the words posted on the wall of our class in highschool. I never thought to adopt and make it a habit 'til now.

On my first job as waiter in a luxury hotel, I was able to serve different guests with various requests. Of all those guests I smiled and served for, I will never forget the face of the 5 year old boy I served on the Chinese New Year of 2011.

After refilling 12 glasses of water on the presidential table I heard no thank you's from the guests seated on the table except a five year old boy who said to me, "Thank you."

My heart really smiled as I feel the kindness of this child. He is just a child but a child with a thought mature people need. Small things are small but we need to appreciate them. No matter how young or old you are, you need to be mindful and sensitive to others.

"Thank you" is a small phrase. It has no price. Priceless but valuable. I want to imagine seeing a world made with "THANK YOU'S." What a wonderful world seeing people from all races, all ages, all walks of life sharing a smile in their hearts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hosted Desktops