Friday, April 22, 2011

The Coin

Jeepney, this is always the primary object of my stories. Life changing lessons can happen in this public transit. You will be able to see people from different walks of life. People who has their own failures, desires and even hatred.

I was on my way to the downtown for a dinner in one of the finest restuarants in the city. As a passenger I have given my faith to the driver that he will be taking me to our destination safe and sound.

Everything is in hike this time, so everything people earn is valued well. As I was paying the fare, I handed 20 pesos to the driver with a huge smile. I was smiling not only because I was excited for my dinner date but also for a wonderful day. The driver then handed me back my change. He might have not noticed it but he handed me 17 pesos instead of giving me back 12 pesos.

Five pesos more for me or five pesos less for the driver. Sins make us human. I would admit that I considered keeping the extra money but as I was comparing myself to this jeepney driver I have seen a father in him and asked myself the following questions:

How much money is this driver earning for his family? How much effort have he exerted for his living? Another comparison, I am a passenger with no pressing obligations from my children, I am a passenger working in a five star hotel, I am a passenger invited to eat at a fine dining restaurant tonight.

In shame, I gave the five pesos back to the driver, a father. I cannot forget the smile of the jeepney driver as I handed him back the 5 pesos. A very small amount, but it was an amount worth earning for his family.

Life is considered as an exciting journey, we are the passengers and our Father is the Driver. As we travel He wants us to walk with faith that no matter how tempting the offers are, we should always try to resist them.

God has been blessing us not only good things in life but good people worth keeping. We need to see all the blessings He is giving us for us to share those blessings.

Remember that no matter how successful you are, you will never be happy without sharing your success. Blessing are never kept but shared.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hosted Desktops