Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Socks

Wearing a black long pants and a white gala on his duty in a five star hotel.

This waiter was not only wearing the above description but he was also in his full blast of energy on his face. With a wonderful smile this waiter approached many guests and said his warm good morning to them. Positivity - this was what his presence brought in serving.

The waiter I am trying to describe is actually me. I do not know any right choice of word to start about me but to create a picture of myself while on duty. This picture was created base on the comments our guest have told me.

Smiling is really my gear in any other challenges. Let me tell you a story.

3 years ago while I was still in my second year in college I bought a pair of black socks. This pair was on sale which cost me 25 pesos only. It's a very cheap but memorable belonging for me now. Who would expect a 25 peso socks would last up to 3 years?

Yes it lasted three years and I am very proud wearing it until now . I am now working with my first job as waiter and basically I am earning. You know the person you are in your past can really influence the person you are today.

I was financially challenged before, so every single centavo was in value for me and that thing has left me a lesson to value things until now. Wearing my 3 old socks, I am reminded of my beautiful existence that life is never about quitting. You might think that in some areas you are restricted by the resources you have in life but it does matter to be restricted. The more restricted you are the more you find ways, you become more resourceful.

Talking about restriction, my 3 year old socks has given me allowance now, my left toe can no longer feel it---im not paralyze but I can't feel wearing the left sock because it's already became a stocking-like sock with a hole in my toe:-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hosted Desktops